Clinic was running pretty smooth. I (Cathy) had my patients finished and was helping Dr. Daniel finish when we were told about a little girl in clinic who could not breathe. Emili Tomasa Larios Mejia is 5 years old and has had asthma for four of those years. She has been seen in Fathers Heart Clinic before with exacerbations of Asthma. This time her life hung in the balance. She was struggling to breathe, every breath was difficult, she was afraid, and was using all her chest muscles just to take a breath. We tried using a nebulizer treatment to open her airway but it only helped a little. We called an ambulance to take her to the hospital where they intubated her and started her treatment. She was in the hospital for a week and now has been extubated and will be going home this weekend. I praise God daily for this clinic for the Mayan people of our area. This little girl would have been a statistic had it not been for all of us working to get her into the hospital as fast as possible. Her sister-in-law came by the clinic today to thank ASELSI for saving Emili’s life.
Linkshttp://www.aselsi.org/ http://www.facebook.com/aselsiint https://twitter.com/#!/aselsiint
ASELSI Email Newsletter Sign Up
- If you have not received an email newsletter from us this year, then you may not be on our contact list. Please use the link above to sign up. Si no has recibido noticias de ASELS este año, no estas en nuestra lista de contactos. Haz click en el sobre para recibir noticias de ASELSI por correo electrónico!
- Veronica was only 13 when she first wanted to study at ASELSI's Bible School. Watch her story here... buff.ly/2h3QgFJ 1 month ago
- Five of the 12 graduates from ASELSI's Bible School Extension in Stuart, Florida. These guys have been studying God… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 months ago
- The #faithchristian team hanging out with the police in #Chichicastenango after painting part of the station https://t.co/2JX9wTsNPy 5 months ago
- Moises moving cement to build a church building in Chuabaj! https://t.co/UE1x6S3ITo 6 months ago
- The ASELSI staff joined the Crossing team to help on a church construction site in Chuabaj today! https://t.co/qUVbYRsZ0B 6 months ago